Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have so much to be thankful for, especially great family and friends.

This morning I woke up to my Thanksgiving Day tradition; turkey toast. Every year for Thanksgiving my mom would take a turkey cookie cutter, toast the newly shaped bread, spread it with peanut butter, put my favorite cereal for the feathers, and a piece of something sweet for the eye and gobbler. I highly recommend it : )



After watching a bit of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, it was time to start getting the house and food ready. Our house smelled wonderful with the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, broccoli casserole, carrot and sweet potato crumble, corn casserole, rolls, and baked pineapple. Our neighbors stopped by for some munchies and before we knew it our guests arrived. My boyfriend and his family, my grandmother, and a family friend all came to enjoy our feast. We were so stuffed but all managed to make room for dessert which included red velvet cupcakes, apple crisp, pumpkin pie, cookies, apple pie, and ice cream.

It was a nice way to start the end of a relaxing break. Despite having the usual doctor appointments, it has been a good break filled with shopping and a little work. At the start of break I went back into my high school for EC Ambassadors. My friend Anna, a member of the phenomenal class of 2014, and I met with a student who was just accepted. We answered many of his questions and hopefully convinced him that purple is his new color : ) It has been great being home and seeing my friends from high school but I do miss my roommate and EC friends. I can’t wait to have a second Thanksgiving meal with my EC family for Holiday Banquet!

No comments:

Post a Comment