Sunday, March 4, 2012

In Like a Lamb and Out Like a Lion?

Happy March! It certainly doesn’t feel like it’s time for March with the winter we’ve had so far. We barely had snow here, which is unusual for this area and time of year. The weather last week was all over the place! We had huge snowflakes making our purple bubble a snow globe, warm sunshine, then a huge thunderstorm with lightning that lit up the sky. While I miss going sledding and seeing snowmen all around campus, I am I enjoying all of the warm weather and not having to clean off my car! All of the sunshine and temperatures dabbling in the 50’s has made me eager for Term III.

To have Wednesday’s off and play in the fountain will be great again but I don’t want to wish this term away. I am really enjoying my classes this Term! On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I have Child and Adolescent Psychology and Macroeconomics. My psychology class is a lot of fun to learn about growing up and thinking back to our childhoods. Macroeconomics is interesting, especially learning about the different models of the economy and looking at consumption on a large-scale level. It is nice to have the same professor as I did last term for Microeconomics.

Tuesday’s and Thursday’s are my marketing days with Consumer Behavior and Service Marketing. Consumer Behavior is a great class that blends core concepts in Psychology like the big 5 personality traits and Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and shows how they appear in the way consumers respond to different marketing strategies. We have a fun group project for that class where we were given basic information like ages, income, and area they live and creating the rest was up to us! It is neat to mold this family to the specifications given to us and think as actual marketers do. Service Marketing is another good class where we learn the process and problems associated with selling a service. This class is going to be helpful in life after college and most businesses are trying to sell a service or an experience, not necessarily a product. Pretty soon it will be time to meet with my advisor and select classes for next term and year!

No comments:

Post a Comment