Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Season Has Arrived!

The holiday cheer that started with Thanksgiving Break has carried back to campus! Break was a lot of fun but still seemed so short even though we had a full week off. It was nice to get to see all of my friends from home and visit my High School through EC Ambassadors to talk to students about EC. Thanksgiving was yummy and nice to spend with my family. While it was nice to sleep, it was great to be reunited with my friends. I can’t believe we had so much to share with each other after only being apart for one week!


While we were away, campus was magically decorated with purple lights on several of the trees around campus, trees and wreathes in the offices, and lights in many dorm rooms. Best of all, the huge tree went up in the Dining Hall! I can’t wait to see how the graduating class decorates it for Holiday Banquet on Friday. I wonder what new ornaments will be on it this year…


Tonight, the holiday celebrations started early as Hillel hosted the annual Dreidel Social. It was nice to catch up with friends and take a break from all of the homework we have. We ate latkes or potato pancakes (with applesauce of course), sufganiyot or jelly doughnuts, hot cocoa. It was fun to play my friends in dreidel. And what Hanukkah celebration would be complete without a little Adam Sandler as we watched Eight Crazy Nights.


I know these next few weeks will just fly by but it still seems like there is a lot to be done before this term can come to a close. This weekend will be a great break from work with Holiday Banquet and Holiday Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment