Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Term, New Students!

Happy 2011 all! I hope everyone had a joyous holiday and break! It feels good to be all settled in again and ready for Term II. It was nice to have some time off, especially without any work to do, but it was pretty lonely without my roommate at home and without seeing my EC friends all of the time.

This term started a little earlier for some, as it was January Orientation. About fifteen others and myself arrived on Saturday to make folders and handle other preparations. It was weird to have campus extremely quiet for the day but all of that changed on Sunday as we welcomed over 30 transfer students and later on the returning student body. Showing students around campus, helping people meet their advisors, moving some students in, and getting to know these new faces were all a lot of fun.

Today was even more exciting as it was the first day of classes. My schedule is great so far! Experimental Psychology, Language Development, and Principles of Marketing are all shaping up to be challenging and interesting courses. I was a little nervous having a completely new set of professors but they were all extremely nice. It should be a good term getting to them better and working with my classmates.

I cannot wait to see what Individualism & Community in American Life brings me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment